Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lush Skin Sin Body Lotion

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me as a gift. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

A wonderful friend sent me Lush Skin Sin Body lotion. Since I'm at the end of using the lotion, I thought I would review for anyone interested.
Product Review: Lush Skin Sin Body Lotion

Where to purchase: Lush stores and online at lushusa.com
Price: $9.95 for 3.3 fl oz.

Made in Canada

Description on the front: Moisturizing almond cream with the scent of juicy, ripe cherries just waiting to be bitten. It's enough to turn us onto the dark side.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: To be honest, I don't use any Lush products. I feel that they will expire before I even get to finish it. I'm really bad when it comes to finishing products. I don't want it to be a waste. For that reason, I don't buy anything from Lush. On the other hand since it expires quickly, it tells me it's a natural product. When my friend got me Lush products (this and a body wash), I was excited to try it out since I never buy anything from this brand. I also hear great reviews on this brand. I wanted to know what the hype is all about.

First of all, the description says it smells like ripe cherries. Either my nose is plugged up or I don't know the scent of cherries. It doesn't smell like cherries to me. It smells more like flowers. It's an alright scent just not my type of smell I tend to go for.
Here's a closer look of the lotion. It's more on the milky side than a cream.

Now for my overall opinion... Initially I wasn't thrill about the scent. I thought as time went on I will get use to it and it wouldn't bother me. This was not that case. I'm at the end of using the bottle and I'm still not thrilled with the scent. Other than the scent, this is a great lotion! I thought since it's not a thick cream-like product, it will not be moisturizing. I was so wrong! It's very moisturizing and hydrating to my summer skin. I definitely know it won't be for my winter since I have extremely dry skin. I recommend this lotion to normal to dry skin individuals. I think people who have oily skin this might be too thick for you. It goes on smoothly and it actually takes some time to sink into my skin which is amazing. Most lotions and creams sink into my skin since it craves hydration. So if you're a person who puts on lotion and head out, I would not recommend this lotion. For myself who needs hydration, this is a good one.

Pros:
* All natural product.
* Hydrating.
* Vegan.
* Recyclable bottle.
* Not tested on animals.

Cons:
* Online purchase only.
* Floral scent; not my type.
* Does not sink into skin quickly.

Would repurchase: No, I'm not too keen on the scent.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me as a gift. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...