Monday, September 30, 2013

Manicure Monday: Julep in Alice

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My friend gifted me some Julep nail polishes. When I received the polishes, I was extremely excited! They're my type of colors and I thought it would be great for the fall weather.
Here are the polishes. For this post, I will review the polish on the left.
This is Julep in Alice. Since I did a thorough review of Julep nail polish in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "antique lilac shimmer." I have to agree except I'm not too sure what antique is.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's slighter thinner width-wise. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. The length is the same with straight horizontal tip.
I applied 2 coats of Julep in Alice and topped it off with Seche Vite Top Coat except the ring finger. For the ring finger, I applied 2 coats of Julep in Alice. On top of that, I applied Morgan Taylor in Fame Game. Then topped it off with Seche Vite Top Coat. I'm so sadden the day I took the picture, there was no sun. Morgan Taylor polish is extremely gorgeous and this picture doesn't do justice. Morgan Taylor polish gave the nail polish a holographic look. From the picture, it looks like glitters but it's not. It's holographic specks. I highly recommend this polish!!!

Now for my overall opinion... Most likely I received a defect. The brush seem secured but when I painted my nails, it moved like crazy and made it hard to paint my nails. I tried to secure it back into the top but it just wouldn't move. It was secure. It was just odd and most likely, you will not receive this type of defect. Other than the brush, it was easy to apply. It went on smoothly, and there was no streaking and bubbles. Even the consistency was decent. It's on the medium where's it's not too liquidity and not too thick to apply. I also found the nail color unique. It's a silver-ish lilac color with very light shimmer. I don't think there's another color like this or I just haven't seen one. Lastly, I was impressed with the lasting power. It lasted 5 days before it started chipping.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

3 comments:

LauraLeia said...

The nail polish looks dull in the bottle but looks very sweet and pretty on the nails! :D Nice colour~

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! Because of the dullness, I thought it would be a perfect fall color but I think it fits summer better.

Ahleessa said...

There's a metallic sheen on the nails as well. It's just not that noticeable. It was a bad day to take a picture outside. There was hardly any sun. Oh mi gosh, I highly recommend Morgan Taylor nail polish in Fame Game. It's so gorgeous and you will not regret it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...