Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Studio Gear Holiday Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I apologize for my random posts the last couple of weeks including this week (going on vacation). With the holidays and spending time with family, it makes it hard to use the computer. I should be back to normal next week. I will try my best to schedule posts this week.

I am lucky to receive a product to review for Studio Gear. I've heard of this brand for some time and have been curious. Given the opportunity to try their Holiday Palette, it makes me happy.

Product Review: Studio Gear Holiday Palette

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at studiogearcosmetics.com
Price: $25 (sale price; originally $40)

Made in USA

Description on the back: Be radiant on any occasion with this sultry, shimmery palette of dramatic shades - perfect for creating a classic smokey eye look, with a hint of unexpected golden glimmer. This collection of four complimentary eye shadows with matching blush deliver several day to night options that are both seductive and wearable. With pure color, pigment-rich formulations, you'll be sure to smolder all night.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When this came in the mail, I was excited to play around with it. Before I talk about the quality of the palette, let me tell you about the packaging.
This is actually the palette. The palette comes with an outside packaging that you can see on the first picture (orange and purple).
Here's the inside of the palette. It has directions how to use the palette. You don't need to follow the directions if you don't want to.
Here's a closer look at the colors. The four on the outside are the eyeshadows and the center is the blush. If you look at the direction carefully, they labelled the circles. For some reason, it doesn't match the actually eyeshadows but you can figure out which is which. Clockwise from the top left is Frost, Coal, Glimmer, Platinum, and the center is Snowy Glow. I love the name for the blush!
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. It's the same size as MAC eyeshadows.
Here's swatches of eyeshadows. From left to right is Frost, Platinum, Glimmer, and Coal.
Here's a swatch of the blush. The name Snowy Glow is perfect!

Now for looks I did with this palette...
Look #1:
I only used the eyeshadow Glimmer on the eyelid, The rest is my own eyeshadows.
Here's an overall look. I also used the blush from the palette. It's such a gorgeous color!

Look #2:
I used all the colors from the palette.
Here's an overall look and I also used the blush.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all if you don't like shimmery palettes, this isn't for you. It goes from frost to sparkles. For that reason when they're blended together, they're gorgeous! Secondly when I swatched the palette, I thought the eyeshadows weren't that pigmented. I had to swipe a lot to show on my hand. I was shocked because it's pretty decent on the eyelid! It's also very easy to use and blend together. Lastly, it also lasts all day long and does not crease.

Pros:
* Travel-friendly kit.
* Eyeshadows and blush in one palette.
* Shimmery colors.
* Glowy blush.
* Easy to blend.
* Does not crease.
* Long lasting; lasted all day long.

Cons:
* Not in all the stores; can be purchased at ULTA.

Would repurchase: If they have other palettes, yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Here's a code you can use on any purchase on Studio Gear website.
Discount: 10% off
Discount Code: SGHOLIDAY
There's no expiration date.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Piper said...

All eye shadows always look good on you!

YomiC said...

That's a beautiful eye shadow palette <3

http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

Ahleessa said...

Awww~ Thank you! You're always so sweet. :)

Ahleessa said...

It is! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...