Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Rose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of weeks ago when I went to Target, I saw Revlon's new Ultra HD lip products display. I decided to buy one of each lip products; lipstick and lip gloss. For this post, I will focus on the lipstick.

This is the display for the lipstick that I took.
Product Review: Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in #830 HD Rose

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at revlon.com
Price: $7.99 for 0.1 oz/ 3 g

Thoughts: When I saw the displays, I knew I had to try them out. Unfortunately, they didn't have much choices in colors. They weren't carrying some of the colors and the ones they did were sold out. From the choices, this was the best one.
Here's how the lipstick looks open. Initial reaction, I like the packaging. It's simple and very classic looking when the top is on. Now, I'm not a big fan. The top is plastic and cheap looking when it's by itself. This is the part where I hate the most. You need to be careful how you take the top off or else the lipstick will smear inside the top.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's very true.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on my lips.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a strong scent. It's in-between vanilla and something fruity. I actually like the smell. Unfortunately if you're not a big scent person, I don't think this is for you. The smell lingers throughout the day or at least I can smell it at times within the day. Secondly, the first click makes a noise when you twist the lipstick. I'm not too sure why only the first. Third, it goes on smoothly and does not tug on my lips. It's extremely creamy without the sticky texture. It feels like a balm more than a lipstick. I also love that it doesn't fall in-between the fine lines. I'm not too sure but I heard the Lip Butter from Revlon is discontinued and this replaced it. Then again it might just be rumors. Fourth, Rose is my lips but better color. If you're looking for a light neutral pink, this is it. If you have a dark tone lips, I doubt it'll show up on the lips. It'll just look glossy. This is good for people who have light lips like mine. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. I'm not too sure if this is a hydrating lipstick but mine felt smoother.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* With the top on, it looks classic.
* In-between vanilla and fruity scent.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on the lips.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Does not fall in-between the lines.
* Not sticky.
* My lips but better.
* Does not dry my lips.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Need to be careful removing the top or else the lipstick will smear.
* Strong scent that lingers throughout the day.
* Will not show up on dark tone lips.

Would repurchase: Maybe, the top kills me.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Revlon products reviewed/swatch:
ColorBurst Matte Balm
Elusive
ColorStay Moisture Stain
ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Honey
Super Lustrous Lip Gloss

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

11 comments:

MiharuJulie said...

Nice post
i've already follow you
hope you can follow me back

Www.miharujulie.com

Sachi said...

eep! I hope the lip butters are not being discountinued! I would be so sad!!! This color is nice, but I agree on the packaging. I like how on the lip butters the color of the lipstick is the color of the cover, even though it is plastic, it looks less cheap

monika berdnik said...

Love these lipsticks, but you are right it smears if not careful with the top, it happens to clumsy
me all the time.

http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

It's a soft and pretty color.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Piper said...

I am jelly because your lips are so perfect!! Lucky Duck!! ☺ Hugz!

Ahleessa said...

Awww~ Thanks! You're always so nice. I think you have nice lip shape too from what I can tell from your profile picture. Long time no see. How are you doing?

Ahleessa said...

It is.

Ahleessa said...

I hope Lip butters are not being discontinued as well. :X I remember how you were into them. Amazing I remember that!... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

I'm not that clumsy but it happens to me too... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

Thanks! I'm about to follow you back.

Piper said...

I am doing so so, going through a rough patch but otherwise alright.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...