Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Aarti Paarti 10 Minute Meals

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

On February 19, Thursday (2015), I was fortunate to attend Aarti Paarti's 10 Minute Meals live taping for OwnZones. First of all if you don't know OwnZones, 

"Our vision is one. Our mission is personal - access all the content you love and own your experience.

There is something profound in one - one love, one of a kind, all for one. At OWNZONES we've taken that idea to heart and created one place where you can access all varieties of content in every digital form. No longer are you limited to packaged deals or free content overrun with ads. With OWNZONES, you can explore, access and manage the content you love - blissfully free of advertising static and chatter. Organized into channels relating to popular subjects like travel, entertainment and business, OWNZONES gives you access to print, audio and video content and lets you create your own personal collection."

I got this from the website and they said it better than I ever could! Aarti Sequeira is collaborating with OwnZones and having her own show called "10 Minute Meals." Let me tell you a little bit about Aarti Sequeira.

'The host of Food Network's "Aarti Party," Aarti Sequeira competed on and won Season 6 of "Food Network Star" in 2010 with her trademark food signature: American favorites with an Indian soul. Her show grew out of the popular blog and YouTube cooking-variety show, "Aarti Paarti", a joint venture with her husband, actor-writer Brendan McNamara, that started in their tiny Los Angeles home kitchen. Food Network then became her broadcast home. On FN & Cooking Channel, she has hosted "Taste in Translation," "Hidden Eats," co-hosted "Drop 5 Lbs" & an episode of "Guy's Big Bite" and made numerous talking-head appearances on "Best Thing I Ever Ate," "Best Thing I Ever Made" & "Unique Eats." She also compete on - and WON - "Chopped All-Stars." Currently, she appears as judge of "Guy's Grocery Games," & recently competed on "Cutthroat Kitchen All-Stars." Off-network, she has been a memorable guest on "Dr. Oz," "The Talk," and "The Nate Berkus Show."'

I got this from the press kit and trust me they said it better than I could ever think of! So I was fortunate to be invited to the live taping of Aarti Paarti's 10 Minute Meals in her own home.
I had to post this picture first. It's so cute and fitting!
As soon as I entered her house and met wonderful bloggers/PRs/hosts, we went straight into Q & A. The one question that really stood out for me is it okay to encourage a child who's into cooking/baking? Aarti said yes and told us about herself. She was into cooking/baking at a young age and kept doing that. I love that she followed her dream, even though, she had a slight curve.
Then we were separated into two groups. The first group saw the first 5 minutes of cooking and the second group saw the last 5 minutes. I was part of the second group and I saw her make the salad. Then they re-shot the whole thing (yes, she made the food twice) where they concentrated on the food itself. Since they video taped, I didn't want to take pictures (I know I can turn off the flash but knowing myself I would do something stupid) or be in the way. I took pictures in-between the shots. This was the fried chicken cooling off. I learned the best time to sprinkle condiments is right after it's fried.
Here's Aarti at work. Actually, she was cutting the chicken for us to taste. It was so yummy and I can see why she won! Cooking really comes naturally for her. I wish I was talented like her!
Here's a closer look at the food. I really love the chicken and the sauce. All she did is mix honey with Sriracha sauce in the microwave. How easy is that! I'll definitely will be doing that.
Then she autographed her cooking book for each of us. I thought it was extremely personal and I love it! By the way, I should have taken more pictures. I took a picture at the worst time while she was looking away to listen to someone.
Here's my own personal copy of the book. I skimmed through it but I cannot wait to try the recipes!
Then we got to take pictures with Aarti. She's so adorable and always smiling.
Here's a group picture the PR took of us. I had such a blast meeting new people, as well as, an experience I will never forget!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Sachi said...

JEALOUS!!!! omg i love her. On TV she is so cute and bubbly and I just wanna hug her. I'm happy to hear shes like that in real life =)

Ahleessa said...

Yeah, she's really adorable in person. I like her personality a lot! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...