Friday, March 6, 2015

Cailyn Touch of Sunset Mineral Eyeshadow Powder

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October of last year 2014, I attended the first Beauty Press Spotlight Day Event in Los Angeles. I got to meet great people and brands.

I took this picture from my Instagram. Not only that, I came home great goodies. I already reviewed Mirabella Travel Brush Set (bottom middle), and Mirabella Myth Visionary Long Wearing Eyeshadow (middle left). I also got Healthilocks Treatment at Salon Benjamin thanks to Healthilocks.
At the event, Cailyn Cosmetics showcased three sets of overall look. They gave me a goody bag full of Touch of Sunset.
Here are the items from Touch of Sunset. For this post, I will review the three layers mineral eyeshadow on the bottom right.
Product Review: Cailyn Diva (TOP3)

Where to purchase: online at cailyncosmetics.com

Made in USA

Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I always see this brand when I go to events/shows. Even though they have great eyeliners, I didn't hear much about their other products. For that reason, I was excited to try these products. When it comes to makeup, I'm very good about finishing products before I move onto another product for example eyeliners. Eyeshadows and lip products is a different story. I get bored and want to change them around. For that reason, I reached for the eyeshadows first.
They're three loose mineral eyeshadows packaged together. Here's a closer look at the top one.
Here's a closer look at the middle mineral eyeshadow.
This is the bottom mineral eyeshadow.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadows dry and wet. You can use it either way you like. I wanted to see the difference on my hand. From left to right; dry top, wet top, dry middle, wet middle, dry bottom, and wet bottom.

Now for looks I did...
Look #1:
I used the top mineral eyeshadow wet on the inner half and middle mineral eyeshadow wet on the outer half. Then I applied MAC in Mulch on the outer v and crease. To add some sparkle I applied the bottom mineral eyeshadow wet on the center. I also applied middle mineral eyeshadow wet on the bottom outer half.
Here's an overall look.

Look #2:
To be honest, I don't remember what I used on the inner half but it was a light taupe color. Then I applied the top mineral eyeshadow dry on the outer half. Then blended and applied MAC in Mulch on the outer v and crease.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I couldn't find the colors on the website. I think it's a combination of all different kinds of mineral eyeshadows. I wish they would have written the names of the eyeshadows on the bottom so we can buy it separately if we like. With that said, I'm impressed with the quality of the mineral eyeshadows. They're extremely fine minerals. They will never bunch up together and clump. Secondly, I can notice the difference of the eyeshadows dry and wet on the hand. When applied on the eyes, I couldn't tell. It might be the way I applied. I think I layered way too much. I kept thinking it's not bright enough and kept layering until it was noticeable. Third, they're extremely easy to apply and use. They can get messy since they're loose minerals. For myself, I tend to not reach for loose. I prefer compact shadows. They're just easier to use, as well as, I don't like wetting my brushes. In other words, I'm just lazy. Lastly, it lasted all day on me without creasing.

Pros:
* Variety of colors.
* Sealed in one container.
* Finely milled minerals.
* Can be used wet and dry.
* Easy to use.
* Long lasting.
* Does not crease.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Can be slight messy.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Ahleessa said...

I'm not too sure why they didn't label them. :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...