Friday, March 27, 2015

Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick in Matte Frappuccino

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I saw this one girl on YouTube wear Jordana Modern Matte Lipsticks, I was on a hunt. When I finally saw it at my Walgreens, I grabbed some.
I grabbed Matte Blush and Matte Frappuccino. For this post, I will review the one on the right.

Where to purchase: Walgreens, Kmart, and online at jordanacosmetics.com
Price: $2.99 for 0.12 oz/ 3.52 g

Made in USA

Description from the website: Kiss Your Dry Matte Lipstick Goodbye...Say Hello to the Modern Matte
* Modern Matte Lipsticks are a Winning Combination of High Payoff Pigments and Special Ingredients that Comfortably Extend the Wear
* Expertly Selected Shades Have an All-Day Wear Without the Typical 'Dry Lip' Finish that Feathers and Cracks
* Talc and Paraben-Free
* Made in USA
Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil,Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Oleyl Alcohol,Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Cera (Candelilla Wax), CoperniciaCerifera Cera (Carnauba Wax), Synthetic Beeswax, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer,Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Vanillin, TocopherylAcetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mica. +/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 22 (CI 45380), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 7 (CI15850), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470).
Thoughts: Like I said, I was drawn to the lip product after seeing it on YouTube. To be honest, I fell in love with the color (Matte Frappuccino) after seeing it on her. It looked really good and natural on her. I was hoping for the same on me.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's very true.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand. The website describes it as "rich brown nude." I agree with the description.
Here's how Matte Frappuccino looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a strong vanilla scent. I'm not too keen on the scent but it's not that noticeable when applying. Secondly, the packaging reminds me of Wet n Wild lipsticks. It's not the most attractive packaging but it's doable. I love that it has a tight seal when I open/close the lipstick. It makes it travel-friendly. It also has a clicky feel every time you turn the lipstick. I'm not too sure if that's a good or bad thing. With that said, the consistency is medium. It doesn't go on thick, as well as, it's not runny. In my opinion, it feels dry and tugs on my lips. I definitely recommend wearing lip balm before applying the lipstick. Third, it's pigmented and matches the lipstick color/container. The first couple of seconds of wearing this lipstick it feels a little sticky. After several seconds, it feels good on the lip. It's not sticky and it feels good. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. For a matte lipstick, it's not drying on the lips. I didn't notice any white residue in the center of the lips. With that said, I'm not too sure if I like the color on me but it's a great fall/winter color.

Pros:
* Variety of colors.
* Scent isn't that noticeable while applying.
* Strong seal when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* After several seconds, not sticky and feels good.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.
* No white residue from dryness.

Cons:
* Strong vanilla scent.
* Not the most attractive packaging.
* Drying on the lip while applying.
* Tugs on the lip.
* Slight stickiness the first couple of seconds of application.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...