Friday, March 13, 2015

ULTA Matte Lip Cream in Tender

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When ULTA had buy 2 get 2 free on their brand, I bought the new lip product.

They come in 10 different colors and I choose four. For this post, I will review the lightest one (bottom).
Product Review: ULTA Matte Lip Cream in Tender

Where to purchase: ULTA store and online at ulta.com
Price: $9 for 0.12 fl oz/ 3.7 mL

Made in Taiwan

Description from the website: This velvety smooth matte lip cream is a fluffy, mousse-like cream texture that feels soft and light on the lips while delivering bold, intense color with a high fashion matte finish. ULTA's Matte Lip Cream formula is so rich and creamy, lips are never dry.
Ingredients:
Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 (C 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200).
Thoughts: When it comes to ULTA brand, I never had great experience. For that reason, I tend to not buy from this brand. Then I saw a video about this product on YouTube. I ran out and bought these. So far I have only used one, Tender.
Here's a closer look at Tender and it's very true to color!
Here's a closer look at the applicator. It's slightly slanted and both sides are flat.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the lip cream.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a slight lemony smell but it's not noticeable while applying. I only noticed since I smelled it with my nose. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium to thick. It doesn't feel like lipstick or lipgloss. It's in-between I guess you can say liquid lipstick like. It goes on smoothly, doesn't tug on your lips, and it's not sticky. When you first apply the product, it's shiny and looks like a lipgloss. It does take awhile to dry depending on the thickness of application. I highly recommend applying a thin layer so it dries quickly. Once it dries, it's matte and not patchy at all. It's gorgeous and this is a great nude color! Third and with all matte lip products, I worry that it'll dry out my lips and the fine lines will show through. I was impressed that it didn't dry out my lips. It just feels like my nude lips and thankfully, no white residue build up in the center of my mouth. It did show slight fine lines but not in an ugly way. It looked pretty or at least for me. I definitely recommend hydrating your lips before using this product. Lastly, it lasted until I ate and drank. It probably could last longer if I didn't blot my lips while eating.

Pros:
* Matte lip product.
* Perfect caramel, nude color.
* No scent while applying.
* Medium to thick consistency.
* Feels like liquid cream.
* Opaque.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Doesn't tug on the lips.
* Not sticky.
* Dries matte.
* Not drying.
* Long lasting until you eat/drink.

Cons:
* Recommend hydrating lip before using this product.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Lucie said...

This product looks like NYX Soft Matte Lipcreams (I have one of them and I love it). The texture and finish seem to be the same :)

konstantina said...

these colours seem are amazing!!!:)

K MEETS STYLE

Ahleessa said...

They are or at least this one is!... hehe~ I haven't tried the others. :X

Ahleessa said...

After reading your comment, I ended up buying one NYX Soft Matte Lipcreams... hehe~ The thing is I haven't tried it yet. :X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...