Monday, November 30, 2015

Manicure Monday: Madam Glam in Make A Wish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Madam Glam.

Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the polish on the far right.
Product Review: Madam Glam in Make A Wish

Where to purchase: online at madamglam.com
Price: $10.95

Description from the website:
A glittery blue
Your wish for the perfect glittery blue nail polish came true with this gorgeous nail polish shade. Now you can sparkle all year long!
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I got to choose the nail polishes. When I saw the picture of the nail polish on someone's nail, I fell in love. For that reason, this was the first one I grabbed.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's very true!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's thinner in width. The length is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Madam Glam in Make A Wish, and topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there are a lot of glitters. If you're not a glitter person, this isn't for you. I'm okay with small glitters. When it comes to medium to big, I'm not good at painting. You probably can tell from the picture above around the cuticles. I'm a hot mess. I wish I was a better painter like a lot of other people. Anyways, you do not have to search for the glitters. They do not fall to the bottom of the polish and there's a lot of glitters. They come with multiple colors from light blue to silver. It makes sense why the brush is on the thin-side. With thick brush, it'll pick up a lot of glitters and it'll be harder to paint. Secondly, the nail polish itself is jelly-like. The first coat is extremely sheer. It's light blue and you can still see the nail bed. With each layer, it gets darker. Mine was two coats and there were parts that was sheerer than others. If I had to redo my nail, I would paint with another polish as a base coat. I'm not 100% sure but from what I can tell, the blogger probably painted Make A Wish on top of black polish. Third and with that said, it does take some effort to remove. That is typical with glitters. Lastly, I was impressed with the longevity. I wore it for 5 days and I did not see any chipping. I even took weight lifting class several times wearing this polish. With all the lifting and hitting the floor with the weights, there were no damage to the nail polish!

Pros:
* Multiple colored glitters; light blue, dark blue, and sliver.
* Jelly-like polish.
* Glitters do not fall to the bottom.
* Do not have to search for the glitters.
* Thin brush.
* Great on top of another polish.
* Long longevity.
* Did not chip.
* 5-free; no formaldehyde, DBP, toluene, formaldehyde resin, and camphor.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Take effort to remove.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...