Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Karuna Hydrating+ Face Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I bought some masks, Leaders and Karuna, from ULTA when they had a sale.

I already reviewed Leaders 7 Wonders Tundra Cranberry Anti-Aging Mask (from the left). For this post, I will review the mask on the right.
Product Review: Karuna Hydrating+ Face Mask

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at karunaskin.com
Price: $8 for 28 mL/ 0.95 fl oz

Made in Taiwan

Description from the package: The mask + serum duo offers so much more than serum, clay or gel does on its own:
* 100% all-natural fiber cloth
* Helps pores fully absorb nourishing ingredients
* Deep conditions skin
* Creates visibly hydrated, softer, smoother skin

All Karuna masks contain an exclusive beauty boost featuring:
* Hyaluronic Acid and Peptides to renew
* Aloe Vera and Chamomile to hydrate
* Chinese Licorice and Vitamin B to detoxify
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Niacinamide, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Polyglutamate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum). 
Thoughts: I first heard about this brand through YouTube. Whenever I hear good things especially sheet masks, I am intrigued.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. There was another package inside the package.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask. It's folded and comes with a backing.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent. It's not that noticeable while wearing it or at least I don't recall a scent. I cannot distinguish the smell but it's on the floral side. Secondly, I have never seen a singular sheet mask packaged inside another package. I'm not too sure why they did this but I kind of find this a waste of space. That's just my personal opinion. Third, the dimension of the mask fits perfectly around my face. It's not too long and too wide for my face. If you're face is longer and wider than mine, this might be too short. It shouldn't be since I have a wide face. With that said, I love the length of the nose piece. A lot of masks are too short for my wide nose, this is perfect length and width. Fourth, I also found this interesting. The instruction on the back recommends you unfold and apply the cloth side on the face. Then remove the white backing while it's on the face. I actually did what they recommend. It does work but the sheet mask moves while removing the backing. I also think the thickness of the mask is on the medium. It's not extremely thick but it's not thin. I didn't have to worry about unfolding carefully of the fear of ripping. Fifth, there's a decent amount of serum. It did not dry out the mask while I wore it for 30 minutes. There also was a decent amount of serum inside the package to apply onto the throat and chest. Lastly, my skin looked hydrated and alert. It felt soft and smooth. If you're looking for brightening which I tend to not care, this didn't do that. The hydration lasted until morning.

Pros:
* Slight, floral scent that isn't noticeable.
* Fits perfectly with the dimension of my face; not too short or wide.
* Great nose dimension; not too short or wide.
* Medium consistency.
* Do not have to worry about ripping while unfolding.
* Decent amount of serum on the mask.
* There was extra serum inside the package.
* Hydrating.
* Skin felt soft and smooth.
* Paraben free.
* Dye free.

Cons:
* Packaged inside another package; waste of space.

Would repurchase: Maybe
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...