Wednesday, July 13, 2016

MustaeV Tension Fit Liquid Liner Brush Pen

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I haven't reviewed MusteaV products in awhile. I'm constantly using them, because they're a great brand with great products.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed MustaeV Glazing Lip Gloss in Golden Peach (left). For this post, I will review the eyeliner on the right.
Product Review: MustaeV Tension Fit Liquid Liner Brush Pen

Where to purchase: online at mustaevusa.com
Price: $18 for 0.6 g/ 0.02 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: Define your eyes with the MustaeV liquid liner pen. The fine tip brush provides ultimate precision and allows you to create thin sleek lines, dramatic winged out liner or thick bold lines.
* Bold Color: The liquid liner pen is formulated in a carbon black and provides precise, bold and crisp lines. The pen releases an ideal amount of carbon black ink allowing you to create precise lines without any blurred strokes.
* Waterproof: A waterproof formula that lasts all day long with no smearing, smudging or running.
* Precision Tip: A fine tip brush that provides ultimate precision. The brush allows you to create defined thin lines, dramatic winged out liner or thick bold lines with ease.
* Glides On Effortlessly: Applies evenly and smoothly allowing you to create seamless lines with no skipping from beginning to end.
* Packaging: A slim pen that is convenient to store and carry along in your makeup bag.
* No Skin Irritation: Create seamless lines with no pulling or irritation.
Thoughts: Now that I finished Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black, I needed another liner to use. I went to my storage of products that I haven't touched and out of all the eyeliners (yes, I have a lot), I choose this product.
Here's a closer look at the tip.
Here's a swatch of the eyeliner on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's another look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look. I have MAC Royal Assets: 6 Warm Eyes on my eyes and Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in TBT on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, it's a well packaged eyeliner. The size of the eyeliner is similar to a pen in thickness and length. It makes it easy to grab onto or at least for me. It also comes with a fine tip applicator. It makes it easy to draw a thin line, as well as, a wing at the corners. If you don't like thin line, then you can draw a thick one with this eyeliner. For someone like me who usually uses gel liners, I tend to find liquid liners a bit hard to work with initially. I didn't have any problems the first time I used it. Of course, I got better with each usage but I was pretty impressed. Honestly, it feels like a pen that I use in daily basis. Third, the consistency is liquidity and smooth. It glides on while applying. Some liquid liners are so liquidity that they run while applying. This doesn't do that. It also doesn't tug/stretch the lids. Fourth and unlike pens, you have to shake it several times for the liquid to coat the applicator. It reminds me of Kat Von D liquid eyeliner. Once it's coated, you can apply onto the lids. It goes on black but I'm prefer it being darker. Since I have such thick lid, it doesn't show unless the line is blackest black. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. It doesn't fade, smudge, or come off. It's also easy to remove with eye makeup remover.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Well packaged.
* Thickness and length of a pen; easy to grab and use.
* Fine tipped applicator; easy to draw a thin line and a wing at the corner.
* Liquidity smooth consistency.
* Glides on the lids.
* Doesn't run.
* Doesn't stretch/tug on the lids.
* Does not fade.
* Does not smudge.
* Does not come off once it's set and dried.
* Easy to remove

Cons:
* Not dark, black, enough for me.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MustaeV products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...