Monday, October 3, 2016

Manicure Monday: Butter London in Queen Vic

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of last year (2016). ULTA had this nail polish set from Butter London. I ended up giving one of the polish to a friend. It's more her style than mine. I did keep the other one.

This is Butter London in Queen Vic. Since I did a thorough review of Butter London in Muggins, I will base this on that.
Here's a look at the ingredients. Click on the picture to see the original size.
Just like all Butter London, it comes with an extra top.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a berry creme nail lacquer" and I have to agree with the description.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner. I would say the width of the brush on the thin side, The length, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 2 coats of Butter London in Queen Vic, and then topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on thin side and it made it hard to paint around the cuticles. Most people are better than I when it comes to painting. Practice doesn't help me. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium. I could take my time without worrying about the polish getting clumpy while painting. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, this is a gorgeous fall/winter color. It's brighter and lighter on the website than it is in person. It's a darker berry color on the nail indoor and outdoor. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the second day. Usually Butter London doesn't shrink this fast. I'm not too sure why this polish does. Now, I've been wearing for a week. I didn't see any chipping at the tips. It's mostly from shrinkage. It got worst compared to the second day.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Butter London products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...