Friday, December 9, 2016

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb, and Nori

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month when I visited Sephora, I purchased one of Bite Beauty holiday collection 2016.

This is Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Set. Unfortunately, it's sold out online but you can purchase the full-size lipsticks.
Here's how it looks inside the container. It comes with a mirror and sturdy packaging. It's very travel-friendly.
Product Review: Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb, and Nori (left to right) / Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Set

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $26 for 0.15 oz (full-size)/ $25 for 4 X 0.05 oz

Made in Canada

Description from the website:
What it is:
A giftable set of four, deluxe-size Amuse Bouche lipsticks in a range of beautiful neutrals.

What it does:
These high-impact lipsticks have been handcrafted to deliver extreme moisture, sublime texture, and incredibly creamy wear - plus a mouth-watering citrus flavor. This set is complete with two nude shades, a rosy pink, and a rich cognac brown. Created and crafted by hand, Bite's small batch, low-heat process preserves a balanced blend of lip-quenching nutrients, vitamins, and omega oils that are essential for achieving healthy-looking lips. Made with 12 oils and triple-milled pigments, these lipsticks provide saturated color and weightless coverage with a citrus flavor made from fresh pressed fruit.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Bite Beauty lip products do not contain petrochemicals and are certified gluten-free.
Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil**, Glyceryl Rosinate*, Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter**, Triisostearyl Citrate*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil**, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Cera (Wax)*, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil*, Flavor (Aroma), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax*, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax*, Polyglyceryin-3*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract**, Silk Powder*, Pearl Powder*, Glyceryl Oleate*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil**, Almond (Prunus Dulcis) Oil**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil**, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil**, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil**, Siraitia Grosvenorii (Monk Fruit) Extract*. +/- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)*, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)*, Carmine (Ci 75470)*, Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)*.
Thoughts: I'm a huge fan of Bite Beauty lip products. To be honest, I have purchased from the holiday collection the last three years. I haven't played with the last two. This is the first one I touched.
Here's a closer look at Fig. The website describes it as "nude rose."
Here's a closer look at Pepper. The website describes it as "dusty rose."
This is Honeycomb. The website describes it as "beige nude."
This is Nori. The website describes it as "deep brown-red."
Here's a swatch of the lip colors on my hand from left to right; Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb, and Nori.

Now for how it looks on me...
Fig:
The camera faded the color. It's more pinker and brighter in person.
Here's an overall look.

Pepper:
It's more brownish-purple in person.
Here's an overall look.

Honeycomb:
It's a lovely neutral color.
Here's an overall look.

Nori:
It's darker and more on the wine side in person.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the lipsticks and they all have a slight scent. All three of them smell like peppermint except Honeycomb. Honeycomb smells more like mint. Secondly, I have the mini-size. They look like the smaller version of the full-size. It's well-made, sturdy, and I like the packaging. I don't have to worry about it getting dirty or fingerprints on the tube. With that said, it's extremely travel-friendly. I cannot see the tube open and it's easy to throw in your purse/pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy and glides on. Since it's so soft and smooth, it doesn't tug on the lips. It's easy to apply and since I have the mini-size, I find it a little difficult to outline the lips. There shouldn't be a problem with the full-size. I recommend using a lip brush with Nori. If you make a mistake with Nori, it's extremely noticeable. I tried to hide the imperfections on the outline with a concealer but I didn't do a good job. Fourth, the colors are all gorgeous. I will talk about each individually. Fig is brighter and pinker in person than in the tube. The color is great for spring/summer season and it's a common color you can find in other brands. Pepper is the one that blew me away. It's a great neutral brownish-purple. I think the color is kind of unique but I'm sure if you search, you can find similar color lipsticks. It's great for all-year round. Honeycomb was the one I wanted to try most. It's a very neutral color and matches the lipstick color in the tube. With that said, it's definitely not unique. You can find similar color in other brands. Nori was the one that disappointed me the most. It's very patchy and my dry, chapped lip was visible. The color is more wine tone than brownish-red and it's great for fall/winter season. Lastly, they lasted until I ate/drank. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after I eat. I noticed most of the color came off in the inner mouth than the outline. With that said, my favorites were Pepper and Honeycomb.

Pros:
* Comes in a cute metal container with mirror.
* Well-made, sturdy metal container.
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Well-made, sturdy packaging.
* Cannot see the tube get dirty or fingerprints on it.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides and doesn't tug on the lips.
* Easy to apply.
* Gorgeous colors.
* Pepper is the most unique out of the four.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Holiday collection, limited edition.
* Fig, Honeycomb, and Nori you can find in other brands.
* Nori is patchy and imperfections (dry lips) will show.

Would repurchase: Yes, for Pepper and maybe for Honeycomb.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Bite Beauty products reviewed/swatch:
Matte Creme Lip Crayon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...