Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Dr.Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In my Play! By Sephora September 2016, I received a moisturizer from Dr. Jart+.

Here are the samples I received. I already reviewed Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (bottom right). For this post, I will review the moisturizer on the top middle.
Product Review: Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $36 for 3.3 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website:
Which skin type is it goof for?
* Normal
* Oily
* Combination
* Dry
* Sensitive

What it is:
A hydration-replenishing formula to provide long-lasting moisture and brighten dull-looking skin.

Solutions for:
- Dryness
- Dullness and uneven texture
- Uneven skin tone

If you want to know more...
This lightweight, refreshing moisturizer features a special emulsion system with droplets packed full of brightening and nourishing ingredients. The innovative formula bursts into tiny water droplets when applied-providing instant hydration and brightening dull, lackluster skin. Great for all skin types, it relieves dry, sensitive skin, revitalizes, and prevents visible signs of aging with concentrated antioxidants for a healthier-looking complexion.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates
Ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid: Moisturizes
Thoughts: I've heard great things about Dr. Jart+ for years. I just never purchased any. I've been trying to finish my skin care products before purchasing any. For that reason, I was excited to see a sample from Dr. Jart+.
Here's a closer look at the opening. From the looks of the packaging on Sephora, this is a mini version of the full-size. The only difference is that the opening of the full-size is connected to the tube.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight lemony scent. It smells refreshing. Secondly, I received a sample size. From the looks of the packaging on the Sephora website, this is just a mini version of the full-size. I actually like the packaging. It's sturdy and light-weight. Not only that, it's sanitary-safe. I like that you squeeze the product out of the tube. The only difference is that the sample came with a top that isn't connected to the tube. It really doesn't make a difference unless you loose the top. With that said, it's travel-friendly. I cannot see it break. If you put something heavy on the tube, there's a chance the moisturizer will come out but I cannot guarantee that since I don't know how the full-size version feels like. Third, the consistency is gel-like. It's extremely easy to use. You squeeze a small amount and dot your face. Then I blend the moisturizer on my face. It's light-weight, cooling not in the tingling sensation, and spreads easily onto the skin. It honestly feels like water being applied on the face. It makes sense why they call it Water Drop. With that said, a little goes a long way with this product. You don't need a lot to cover the entire face and this is coming from a dry skin individual. It's good for all skin types. It won't be too heavy for oily skin and too light for dry skin. It's a perfect texture for all skin types. My skin loves this product. It absorbs the product like no other. With that said, it's not greasy and it feels great on the skin. My skin feels soft and alive after using product. Lastly, it's hydrating. I did not feel any tightness throughout the day. I usually experience after couple of days of wearing light-weight gel-like moisturizer. I didn't with this product. I was pretty impressed! Not only that, my skin feels comfortable and I saw improvement with usage. If you're looking for anti-aging product, this isn't it. It's just a great hydrating product. With any hydrating product, your skin improves. You see dry patches disappear, dull skin becomes alive, fine lines improve, and so on.

Pros:
* Slight lemony scent.
* Sturdy and light-weight packaging.
* Sanitary-safe; comes in a tube.
* Travel-friendly.
* Gel-like consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight on the skin.
* Cooling sensation.
* Spreads easily on the skin.
* Feels like water applied onto the skin.
* A little goes a long way with this product.
* Great for all skin types.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Not greasy.
* Skin feels soft.
* Hydrating.
* No tightness.
* Comfortable.
* Improvement with usage.

Cons:
* Doesn't prevent anti-aging.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...