Friday, June 30, 2017

Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set in Trendsetter and Bombshell

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In the beginning of December 2016, I purchased some products from Sephora. It was their annual sale where Beauty Insiders get $15 off.
Here's my purchase. I bought Huda Beauty and Nars. I also got three samples and I had a code for a Sephora bag with samples.
Here's what was inside the Sephora bag. For this post, I will review the Huda Beauty lip kit.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at shophudabeauty.com
Price: $25 for 0.042 oz (lip liner)/ 2 x 0.064 fl oz (liquid lipstick)

Made in Italy & Germany

Description from the website: Trendsetter & Bombshell Huda Beauty Lip Contour Kit is the ultimate combination to create a Huda's can't live without nude lip and also the most famous combo on Instagram!

The Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set is Huda's secret to the most perfect pout! This set includes a full size of her cult favorite Lip Contour along with two mini Liquid Mattes in complementary shades that you can mix and match for unrivaled staying power!
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I first saw Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks through a Sephora email and I've always been curious about it. I even went to a Sephora store and unfortunately, mine doesn't carry these products. When I saw Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set on the Sephora site end of last year 2016, I thought it was perfect timing to try these product.
The contour set came with two Liquid Matte Lipstick in Bombshell (top) and Trendsetter (middle), and a lip liner in Trendsetter.
Here's a closer look at Bombshell. Sephora website describes it as "subtle pinkish nude." I agree with the description.
Here's a closer look at Trendsetter. Sephora website describes it as "a stylish brown nude." It's more terracotta on me at least.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator. This is in Trendsetter.
Here's a closer look at the lip liner in Trendsetter.
Here's a swatch of the lip products on my hand from left to right: lip liner in Trendsetter, liquid lipstick in Bombshell, and liquid lipstick in Trendsetter.
Here's how the lip liner in Trendsetter looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Tarte Make Believe in Yourself Eye & Cheek Palette on the eyes.
Here's how liquid lipstick in Bombshell looks on me.
Here's an overall look with liquid lipstick in Bombshell. I have the same Tarte Make Believe in Yourself Eye & Cheek Palette on the eyes but different shadows from the picture above.
Here's how liquid lipstick in Trendsetter looks on me.
Here's an overall look with liquid lipstick in Trendsetter. It's the same eye makeup as the picture above.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying the liquid lipsticks. It's not that strong but it does last for couple of minutes. I just sniffed the products and it has a strong scent. It's on the musky side but I have to say it's a mixture of scents. I cannot distinguish the smells but I do smell vanilla in the mixture. This isn't a scent I would reach for but it's not that bad. It's very doable. With that said, both liquid lipsticks smell exactly the same. The lip liner, on the other hand, has not scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging of the liquid lipsticks. It comes in a slightly clear, see through packaging with a shiny, black top. The design is simple and straight forward. It just says Huda Beauty Liquid Matte. The reason why I added the word clear is because it isn't completely see through. During daytime, I can distinguish the colors apart. At night, I cannot tell them apart. They look alike and the name on the bottom doesn't help. It's so small that it's hard to read the name. If you own more than one from Huda Beauty like myself, it can be hard to distinguish them apart if they're in the same family. With that said, it's study and well-made. There's no scratches, finger marks, and so on. It's very clean and sleek looking. It also has a sturdy top. When I open and close the top, I can feel a slight twist. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Since I own deluxe samples, it's easy to throw in your bag or even put it in your pocket. I cannot say much about the full-size since I don't own any. Therefore, I cannot see the liquid lipsticks break or open unless you are rough with the packaging. I also like the doe foot applicator. It's a typical applicator where one side of the tip is slanted. It's easy to outline the lips and color the remaining. The lip liner, on the other hand, looks like every other lip liners I own. It's simple and comes in a thin, black pencil. Third, the consistency of the liquid lipstick is liquidity. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. It's easy to apply onto the lips. It also dries quickly within a minute to two. It all depends how thinly you apply the liquid lipstick. The thinner the application the quicker it dries. Once it dried, it doesn't move. It's also not sticky and it leaves a smooth texture. It doesn't even feel like you're wearing any lip product. The lip liner is creamy and glides on as well. There is a slight tug but it's very minimal. Unfortunately, the lip liner isn't transfer-proof but it does stay put for a decent amount. Fourth, the colors are pretty. I have to say I like Bombshell more so than Trendsetter when it comes to the liquid lipsticks. Bombshell is a gorgeous pinkish nude with a slight peach. Trendsetter is more terracotta at least on me. I don't see the brownish nude. I see a lot more orangie-brown. I can see myself wear Bombshell all year round, whereas, Trendsetter is better for fall. They're both on the nude-side and for pigmentation, it's pretty decent for a nude liquid lipsticks. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it's up there. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. From the heaviness/grease from the food, it soften the center of the lips and most of the color came off in that area. Since I wipe my mouth after each meal, it doesn't last that long on me. With that said, it's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue from dryness. To be honest, I purchase this lip set for the liquid lipsticks. I hardly wear lip liners. I'm pretty content with my purchase. I'm so content that I actually ordered a full-size liquid lipstick in another color.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying the liquid lipsticks.
* No scent whatsoever when it comes to the lip liner.
* Comes in a slight clear, see through packaging with a shiny, black top.
* Simple design.
* Sturdy and well-made packaging..
* Sturdy top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to carry the deluxe liquid lipstick samples.
* Good doe foot applicator; easy to outline the lips and color the remaining.
* Typical packaging of the lip liner.
* Liquid lipstick has a liquidity consistency.
* Glides on and does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Liquid lipstick dries quickly.
* Liquid lipsticks are transfer-proof.
* Not sticky and leaves a smooth texture.
* Lip liner has a creamy consistency.
* Lip liner stay put for a decent amount of time.
* Gorgeous nude colors.
* Good pigmentation.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Hard to distinguish the colors.
* Hard to read the name of the colors on the bottom.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...