Friday, August 11, 2017

Ciate Liquid Velvet Matte Lip Slick in Bitter Sweet

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of weekends ago, July 2017, I visited Sephora.

While looking around, I saw their newest Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lip 2017. I wasn't planning on getting it because I hate that they changed from two full-size to one. Then I looked inside to see what were given and I've been wanting to try a lot of these. For that reason, I decided to get it. The first one I bought was Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips 2016. I already reviewed Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Stepping Out and Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in Chihuahua. The second one is Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lip 2017. I already reviewed Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb and Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte in 1993. The third one Sephora Favorites Give Me Summer Lips 2017 from Sephora inside JCPenny. I already reviewed Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick Comfort Matte in Trivial.
Here are the lip products. For this post, I will review the only full-size Ciate on the bottom right.
Product Review: Ciate Liquid Velvet Matte Lip Slick in Bitter Sweet

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at us.ciatelondon.com
Price: $19 for 6.5 mL/0.22 fl oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website:
WHAT IT IS: A long-wearing and ultra-vibrant, moisturizing matte liquid lipstick formulated with Hyaluronic Acid.

WHAT IT DOES: Liquid Velvet Matte Lip Slick combines highly pigmented, gorgeous matte longwearing lip colour with Hyaluronic Acid for its intense lip-conditioning benefits to help make lips look fuller, while feeling more supple and smooth. The creamy, non-drying formulation is infused with Ciate's proprietary blend of moisturizing PlushPigment, and features high-performance pigments that glide on to lips for bold, kissable colour with extreme hold. The innovative precision tip effortlessly lines and then fills in lips for perfect application.

* Paraben-free
* Vegan Friendly
* Gluten-free
Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isododecane, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Triacontanyl PVP, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methoxy PEG-17/Methoxy PEG-11/HDI Isocyanurate Trimer Crosspolymer, Parfum (Fragrance), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate [+/-: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)]
Thoughts: I first heard about this lip product from Influenster when I got accepted to their virtualvox (no box delivered to my place). When it comes to liquid lipsticks, I'm always intrigued.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "grey mink" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip product on my hand.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Skinn Cosmetics Don't Budge Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It's so light I cannot distinguish the smell. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and the bow design matches their polishes. I don't know if the bow is their signature logo but I do see it everywhere. If it is, it's a cute logo. With that said, it's sturdy and well-made. I don't see any scratches, finger marks, and so on. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a slight squeeze when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or close unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. The doe foot applicator is nice. It definitely does not fit with the typical liquid lip products. It's slated on the tip but on both sides. When you look at the shape it has the typical curve with a sharp tip that you find in a lot of liquid lip products. The tip of the doe foot applicator makes it easy to outline the lips and the slanted flat tip makes it good to fill the remaining. Third, the consistency is on the mousy side. It doesn't feel like a typical liquid lipstick. It feels like a lot of liquid matte lip products that isn't transfer-proof. If you are looking for transfer-proof lip product, this isn't it. With that said, it goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. At first it's applies slight shiny but dries matte within seconds. Since it doesn't fall in-between the lips like liquid lipsticks, you don't have to worry about the thick lines. It does show some fine lines. Some people might not like the fine lines but I actually do. I think it shows the uniqueness of the lips. Fourth, the color is pretty. If I apply thickly, the color is more on the gray side. With a thin layer, it's more a pinkish-purple nude like the pictures above. It's a great fall color. Pigment-wise I was impressed. It's not the most pigmented but it is up there. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. Since I wipe my mouth after each meal, the color did not last at all. It's comfortable and did not dry out my lips. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips from dryness. I do like the product but I'm still indecisive about the color. It's pretty but it doesn't match my skin too well.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Simple packaging.
* Bow design is adorable.
* Sturdy and well-made packaging.
* No scratches, finger marks, and so on.
* Sturdy top; slight squeeze when you open/close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Nice doe foot applicator; tip is great to outline and the slanted flat sides make it easy to color the remaining.
* Mousy texture.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Dries matte within seconds.
* Show some fine lines.
* Pinkish-purple nude to gray depending how thick of a layer you apply.
* Great fall color.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Indecisive about the color for my skin tone.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Ciate products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Candy Floss
Hopscotch
Hutch

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...