Friday, October 6, 2017

Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Play It Cool

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I've been wanting to get my hands on this particular eyeshadow palette from Dose of Colors when I saw it on Instagram. It finally restocked but to get free shipping I had to order one extra product. I decided to get one of their newest liquid lipsticks.

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here's my haul. By the way, the shipping was amazing! I ordered it Sunday night and it arrived Tuesday. For this post, I will review the product on the right.

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Synthetic Beeswax, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isopropyl Titanium Isostearate, Alcohol Denat., Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin MAY CONTAIN +/-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "dusty rose taupe." I agree with dusty taupe. I'm not too sure about rose.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks I own from left to right: Sand, Truffle, Stone, Play It Cool, Old Flame, and Brick.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Billy B X Gallany Essentials Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like vanilla but it's so light that it's not noticeable. I just sniffed the product and it smells like sweet vanilla extract. Secondly, I like the packaging. It comes in smoggy see through packaging. Even though it's see through, it's hard to distinguish the colors if you own similar color family. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out sturdy plastic, and there's no scratches and finger marks. The top is also sturdy. There's a tight seal when you open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. The doe foot applicator is same with all Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks. It's slanted on one side of the tip. The slanted tip has a slight curve and it widens a bit. The tip is easy to outline the lips and the the slight curve makes it easy to color the remaining. Third, it has a liquidity consistency but I would say it's in-between liquidity to cream. It's easy to apply and does not tug on the lips. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly. I would say within seconds. This is a typical liquid lipstick that adheres to your lips. Thankfully, it only shows the fine lines not the thick. I like when fine lines show because it's the person's print. The thick lines can be to much or at least for me. Fourth, the color is gorgeous! I usually don't go for purples and I don't think purple looks good on me. This is an exception. It's a dark purple and I can see a lot of people wearing it. It's great for fall/winter season. Pigmented-wise it's up there. I'm a huge fan of Dose of Colors because of the pigmentation. This was only one layer. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. The grease from the food soften the center of the lips and I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after each meal. If I didn't, it would last longer. It's comfortable and it did not dry out my lips. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I needed to buy one extra product to get free shipping and I knew I wanted a liquid lipstick. I'm a huge fan and it keeps growing in my collection. When I saw the two new colors, I fell in love with this particular color. Like I said, I don't look good in purple but it was a risk getting it. It was a good risk!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Dose of Colors products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Matte Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...