Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Dose of Colors Desi x Katy The Girls Eyeshadow Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I first saw the swatches of the eyeshadow palette on Instagram, I knew I had to get it from Dose of Colors.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Play It Cool (right). For this post, I will review the palette on the left.
Product Review: Dose of Colors Desi x Katy The Girls Eyeshadow Palette

Where to purchase: online at doseofcolors.com
Price: $28 for 4 x 0.061 oz/ 4 x 1.73 g

Made in USA

Description from the package:
Suz
Toast the night away with this crisp champagne shade. A super creamy texture that is formulated to be used WET. For maximum texture/color pay off apply with damp finger.
Harpoon
Take metallic to a whole new level with this dazzling shade. This unique shadow is formulated to be used WET. For maximum texture/color pay off apply with a damp finger.
Turbosan
Start sparkling with this ultra-luxe shadow that's packed with shimmering reflects. For intense color payoff and a glistening finish, apply with finger.
Noli
Bring out your inner bombshell with this sultry bronze hue. This perfect bronze shade is a powerfully pigmented formula that glides onto the lids for a silky-smooth finish.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When it comes to eyeshadows, I love the sparkly look. Sparkly, in the sense, it's shiny but not a hot glitter mess.
Here's a closer look inside the palette.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadows top to bottom, left to right: Suz, Noli, Turbosan, and Harpoon.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. This is Harpoon.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadows on my hand from left to right; Suz, Noli, Turbosan, and Harpoon.

Now for looks I created...
Look #1:
I applied Suz wet with my finger on the lid, and blended out the crease and outer v with MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with MAC Matte Lipstick in Derriere on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Harpoon wet with my finger on the lid, and blended out on the crease and outer v with MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch.
Here's the same look at a different angle.

Look #3:
I applied Noli on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick in Nudist on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is cute! It's small, light-weight, and very shiny. They wrapped the palette with fabric and you can feel the different textures. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick carbon paper. Inside the palette close to the mirror, you can actually feel and slightly see the magnets on the top corners. The magnets are sturdy and closes easily. You actually need to pull with slight force which is a good thing. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. Since it's so light-weight and small, it's easy to throw in your purse and bag. You can also put it in your pocket. Secondly, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels good in-between the fingers. Even though the eyeshadows are buttery soft, it's very compacted. There's no loose powder all over the palette. I'm impressed since most palettes have slightly some. With that said, it's actually really easy to use. They recommend using your fingers to apply the eyeshadows. Noli and Turbosan you can apply dry. Suz and Harpoon is recommended to use damp fingers but you can still apply dry. It is up to the individual. I actually used it wet because I like pigmented eyeshadows. Even though I used the shadows with my fingers, I had mixed reaction. It's easy to apply on the lid but I found it hard to reach in the inner corners. Also I noticed that when I wet my fingers damp, it applies pigmented. The next round of shadows I had to re-wet my fingers to get the same pigmentation. Third, the colors are gorgeous. It's shiny and metallic which is what I like on my lids. It's definitely good all year. Pigmentation-wise it's up there but I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented. It's definitely more pigmented wet but still not the most pigmented. Lastly, it lasted all day on me but most shadows do. There were no creasing and smudging. I'm glad I got this palette. It's pretty and the colors are fun. I just don't think it's the most sanitary-safe since we dig our fingers into the palette. Also, I found it hard to reach in the inner corners whereas it's easy with a brush.

Pros:
* Small, light-weight, shiny, cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Magnetic closure.
* Travel-friendly.
* Buttery-soft consistency.
* Compacted.
* No loose powder all over the palette.
* Easy to use.
* Can be used wet and dry.
* Gorgeous colors!
* Shiny and metallic eyeshadows.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day with no creasing and smudging.
* Gluten-free.
* Talc-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Hard to reach the inner corners of the eyes.
* Need to keep re-wetting the shadows to get same pigmentation.
* Not the most sanitary-safe.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Dose of Colors products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Matte Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...