Monday, December 11, 2017

Manicure Monday: OPI in "Liv" in the Gray, Washington DC Collection 2016

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

During Black Friday 2017 or I should say Thursday, I went to ULTA.

Here are the products I purchased. I bought two OPI polishes. I purchased one for myself and another for a friend. For this post, I will review the polish on the top right.
This is OPI in "Liv"in the Gray from the Washington DC Fall/Winter 2016 Collection. I cannot seem to find it on the OPI website. I'm not too sure if it's sold out or discontinued. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker than what is shown from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. This is my favorite brush for the wide width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, two coats of OPI in "Liv" in the Gray, and topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the brush. It's my type of brush. Since it's wide enough, three strokes and I'm done with the nail. With that said, I found it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. I've always been a fan of the unique shape. It stands out or at least to me. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of sturdy glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Also, it's easy to grab with the hand. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thick that I have to work quickly and it's not too thin that it's running. I am able to take my time with painting and don't have to worry about it getting clumpy. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a perfect fall/winter color. It's a pretty dark color in my opinion, as well as, unique. I don't own this color from any brands or at least from my collection. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two layers were good enough for me. Lastly, it lasted a good five days before I noticed shrinkage. There weren't any noticeable chipping. I'm glad I purchased this color. It's pretty and lasted a decent amount of time.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Alpine Snow
Brazil Collection 2014
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...