Monday, January 1, 2018

Manicure Monday: Julep in Tatiana

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I needed some time for myself before the new year. Happy 2018! A friend gifted me some Julep polishes.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat (top middle), Deborah Lippman in Do The Mermaid (bottom left), and Julep in Simone (top right). For this post, I will review the polish on the top right.
The Julep polish I'm going to review came in a package of two different colors. For this post, I will review the polish on the left.
This is Julep in Tatiana. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Benzophenone-1, Red Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Hexanal, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Black 2 (CI 77266), Tin Oxide, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract.

Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "Golden Burnt Orange Microglitter" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width and length is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original and Formula X For Sephora Base Coat on all the nails. Then I applied 2 coats of Formula X in Dark Matter on my thumb, index, and pinkie fingers. Two coats of Julep in Tatiana on my middle and ring fingers. Then topped all the nails with Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I actually liked the brush. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, it's easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. I tend to like most packaging but that's just me. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass and it's easy to grab with the hand. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to put in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thick that I have to work fast and it's not too thin it runs everywhere. It's a perfect consistency where I can take my time with painting and not worry that it'll dry up. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is nice. It's a great fall/winter color. I go through phases where I like glittery polishes and there are times I don't. At this moment, I'm just enjoying simple creamy polishes. If you're into glittery polishes, this is perfect one for you. I do have to say it's an unique color. I haven't seen this color in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two layers were good enough to show on my skin. Lastly, I noticed shrinkage on the third day. I'm not too sure if it's the polish or my nails. My nails has been really weak lately. No matter how much I apply nail strengthener it just keeps breaking. For that reason, I have been leaving my nails alone to get some sun and hopefully get stronger. I didn't see any chipping whatsoever other than the parts my nails broke. If you are into glitter polishes, I recommend this unique color!

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...