Friday, February 9, 2018

PHLUR Fragrances in Hanami, Siano, and Olmsted & Vaux

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive fragrances from PHLUR. Before I review the product, let me tell you a little about this company...

"Because we love fragrance. But we don't love the compromises that go into finding something special. Something that's made responsibly and smells amazing. Something that's beautifully packaged without damaging the environment. Something that's luxurious but isn't about a celebrity or a fashion designer. Something you can try without enduring a department store fragrance counter. Something you look forward to wearing each and every day."

I got this from the website. They said it better than I ever could!

Product Review: PHLUR Fragrances in Hanami, Siano, and Olmsted & Vaux

Where to purchase: Online at phlur.com
Price: Try three for $18 and get $18 credit toward a full bottle.

Description from the website: Six sustainably crafted scents, made without parabens, phthalates or any unnecessary stabilizers.

Hanami
Eau de parfum. Perfumer: Nathalie Benareau.

With its fresh, airy sensibility, Hanami is as serious and penetrating as a zen koan (even if its wearer is not). It's a minimalist scent that reserves its most lasting, most memorable notes for those you allow to get close.

Siano
Eau de parfum. Perfumer: David Apel.

Lush and decadent, floral and a little exotic, Siano is designed for the outgoing, but made for more than going out. You know that moment in a great night when the music peaks and the dance floor begins to move as one? Siano is that in a bottle.

Olmsted & Vaux
Eau de parfum. Perfumer: Nathalie Benareau.

Inspired by a rejuvenating morning walk through Central Park - and named for the Park's architects - Olmsted & Vaux is a citrusy burst, known to inspire confidence and composure. A crucial last layer for, say, a big meeting with the board, or encountering any alluring strangers on your way to the office.
Ingredients: Water, denatured ethyl alcohol, fragrance including 1% or more of the following found on the ingredients website.
Thoughts: I'm always trying new fragrances and given the opportunity, I said yes. I was excited to try fragrances that are cruelty-free. I was curious how strong and how long it will last.
It comes in a cute package. It looks professional.
Each sample comes with a postcard. Here's Hanami...

"5 mins of wear: With its lush creaminess, the scent will begin to radiate poise more than any specific note.
2 hours of wear: Hanami linear structure and consistent timbre will align with your skin to produce scents unique to you.
4 hours of wear: A luxuriousness will melt into a bath of botanical composure and tranquility."
Here's Siano...

"5 mins of wear: A spray on each wrist will hint at a classic Bellini: rich and effervescent.
1 hour of wear: Still high, still bright, Siano will mellow to a delicious, peppery aura that moves with you.
10 hours of wear: As the sun rises, it will match your mood: strong, daring and ready for what's next."
Here's Olmsted & Vaux...

"5 mins of wear: A spray on each wrist and one on your collarbone will emit a bright, clean confidence.
1 hour of wear: Olmsted & Vaux dries down with energizing citrus, shiso and a trace of ginger.
6 hours of wear: This scent maintains its character but only for those lucky enough to get close."
Here's a closer look at the sample fragrance pump.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is cute overall and the individual samples. Overall, they package and protect the samples. There is no way it'll come damage. Not only that, it looks very professional. I really enjoyed the overall packaging. The individual samples are well-made and sturdy as well. It comes in a cream bottle with a white pump. With that said, the pump is easy to spray. You have full control of the pump. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Since it's so small, it's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Secondly, each one definitely smells different. They are not close in scent-wise. Hanami smells like a mixture of vanilla and flower or at least on me. The floral scent is stronger. Siano is very peppery and musky. Olmsted & Vaux has a mixture of citrus and ginger. I usually don't like ginger but this actually smells decent. Out of the three, I have to say Olmsted & Vaux is my favorite. It's something I can see myself wear in daily basis. Even though I feel this way, I still think you should try the three samples. You will find something you will like with all the choices. Lastly, it lasts a decent amount of day. Just like every perfume, it's strong initially and weakens with time. This is no exception, but I do smell it on me when I sniff my wrist after several hours. I'm pretty impressed since most fragrances don't last longer than an hour on me. Not only that, the samples are a deluxe size. It should last a month or more depending how much you apply. I'm glad I got to try these samples. They are worth it!

Pros:
* Cute, sturdy, well-made, professional packaging overall and individual samples.
* Overall packaging is well packaged.
* Full control of the pump.
* Travel-friendly.
* They smell different.
* Deluxe size.
* Lasts several hours.
* Free of skin allergens, parabens, phthalates, unnecessary stabilizers and animal products.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...