Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Christie Brinkley Cheek Chic Color and Contour Powder Blush in Posh

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from Christie Brinkley.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Christie Brinkley Lip Beautifully Moisture-Rich Lipstick in Stunner (top right). For this post, I will review the cheek product on the bottom right.
Product Review: Christie Brinkley Cheek Chic Color and Contour Powder Blush in Posh

Where to purchase: online at christiebrinkleyauthenticbeauty.com
Price: $22 for 0.3 oz/ 9.6 g

Description from the package: Fresh, Fabulous color, Pure, mircronized pigment delivers a soft, sheer veil of buildable, beautiful and blendable color. The formula glides on, applies evenly and illuminates and accentuates the cheek with healthy-looking, lasting color.
Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, May Contain ( +/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)
Thoughts: I'm always in a hunt for my perfect blush color. I was excited to try this blush out. To be honest, I was excited to try everything.
Here's a closer look inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the blush.
Here's a swatch of the blush on my hand.
Here's how the blush looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes and Huda Beauty Lip Contour in Bombshell on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight scent. It kind of reminds me of vanilla. Secondly, I love the packaging. I'm not too sure if it's rose gold but it's on the pink side. It's metallic and just plain gorgeous. The color really stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic and there's no scratches. There are some fingermarks but it's not a big deal. It's not that noticeable unless you examine it closely. It makes a clicking noise when you close the packaging. It kind of feels magnetic but I don't think it is. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also a decent size that you can put in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It does come with a mirror. You just need to carry a brush. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels good in-between the fingers. With that said, it's easy to use. I just grab with my brush and apply on areas needed. I, personally, only used it as a blush on my cheeks. You can apply in other areas since it's also a contour powder. Fourth, I'm going to be honest I didn't think I would like the color when I first saw it in the packaging. It looks like a warm tone peach. I tend to grab peachy pink colors on myself. I ended up loving it. It's definitely different from my blush collection. I like that it's different. No matter what color I grab, they all look the same on me. This didn't which is a huge plus! Because of the color, it's great all year round. Pigmentation-wise I was impressed. It's really pigmented. I didn't need to grab much to apply onto my cheeks. I usually have to layer for it to show. One layer was good with this blush. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. Since I have dry skin, most products last all day. I'm so glad I got to try this blush. It's everything I wanted and more!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Gorgeous, metallic packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* No scratches on the packaging.
* Clicking noise when you close the packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Butter consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Can be used as a blush and contour.
* Gorgeous color!
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Some fingermarks on the packaging.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Christie Brinkley products reviewed/swatch:
Lip Beautifully Moisture-Rich Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...