Wednesday, May 9, 2018

derma e Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2017, I was fortunate to be invited to derma e Spring Soiree and received a swag bag at the end.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (fifth from the left), derma e Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer (third from the left), derma e Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream (fourth from the left), and derma e Vitamin C Concentrated Serum (second from the left). For this post, I will review the first product from the left.
Product Review: derma e Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $12.95 for 6 fl oz/ 175 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: This refreshing Vitamin C cleansing water dissolves long-lasting makeup and impurities while improving the appearance of your skin. Micellar technology gently lifts off dirt without rinsing while maintaining skin's proper balance. Probiotics and Rooibos help skin to appear brighter and replenished.

* We use a stable form of Vitamin C that won't evaporate or degrade before absorbing into your skin, to work better for you, naturally.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Propanediol (Vegetable Derived), Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer (Plant Derived), Polysorbate 20, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, Stay-C® 50), Phytic Acid, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide (Vegetable Derived), Polymnia Sonchifolia (Yacón) Root Juice, Maltodextrin, Lactobacillus (Probiotic), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance Oils.
Thoughts: I'm kind of late, but I'm a huge fan of micellar water. They are gentle on the skin and it removes better than any makeup remover from my experience. For that reason, I was excited to try this product.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's how the cleansing water looks on the cotton pad. Since it's water, it soaked into the pad quickly but left a light yellowish residue.
Here's how the micellar water looks when I wipe off makeup. I applied several layers of Kate Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper in a straight line on my hand. I waited for it to dry and wiped twice in the center of the line.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. Since it's so light, I hardly notice anymore. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight citrus scent. Secondly, the packaging fits with their theme. It's in a thin, long bottle. They attached a label on the outside of the packaging. It doesn't go all the way around. I like that there's a slight see through. It gives me an idea how much product I have left especially when I get to the bottom. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise when I open and close the top. I also can feel a tight seal with both opening and closing. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. I do recommend putting the bottle in a plastic bag or Ziploc. I might have gotten a bad packaging but it does leak a little on the top. It doesn't leak that much but I feel a drop or two. Third, the consistency is watery and easy to use. I just put a small amount on a cotton pad and wipe on areas needed like face. There are couple of things I noticed this micellar water is different than from other brands. The color is light yellow unlike others that are clear. I don't know if it has to do with vitamin c but it is possible. The other thing I noticed is that this particular micellar water doesn't have any separation. Other brands there's a separation from the liquid and oil. Basically, this particular micellar water has no oil whatsoever. For that reason, you don't need to shake the bottle before using. It's up to the individual how you see it. Some people might think it's a positive thing that there's no oil and some might not. With that said, it really does clean everything. I honestly cannot say if it removes waterproof makeup or not. I haven't used waterproof makeup especially mascara in a long time. Other than waterproof makeup, it removes everything. I haven't had any issues since I started using this product. Lastly, I'm so glad I got to use this product. The reason why I prefer micellar water over makeup wipes is how gentle it is on the skin. I feel that makeup wipes are kind of harsh because of the rubbing. Yes, you do rub with the cotton pad when you use the micellar water but it's more a gentle movement. I hope that makes sense. I'm going to finish my wipes and eye makeup removers. Once I'm done, I will most likely will not repurchase. I honestly think micellar water works better than wipes and removers.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Slight see through packaging; can see the product.
* Well- made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; makes a clicking noise and feel a tight seal when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Watery consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Light yellow color.
* No separation from liquid to oil.
* No shaking involved before using.
* Cleans well.
* Gentle on the skin.

Cons:
* Leak a drop or two on the top.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...