Friday, May 25, 2018

NARSissist Wanted Power Pack Lip Kit in Cool Nudes, Le Freak and American Woman

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2018, ULTA had 20% off sale. It gave me a chance to purchase some products.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip products from NARS on the middle left.
This is NARSissist Wanted Power Pack Lip Kit in #8355 Cool Nudes. Since I did a thorough review of NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get It On, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at Le Freak. The website describes it as "pale pink nude" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at American Woman. The website describes it as "chestnut rose." I don't completely agree but I can see the rose.
Here's a comparison of the full-size on the left, NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get It On, and the min-size on the right, Le Freak.
Here's a closer look at the applicator. This is Le Freak.
Here's a swatch of the lip products on my hand from left to right; Get It On, Le Freak, and American Woman.
Here's how Le Freak looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Victoria's Secret eyeshadows on the eyes.
Here's how American Woman looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's refreshing. You can feel a slight coolness as you breathe the scent. I just sniffed the products and they both smell like vanilla. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's a mini version of the full-size. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can hear a clicking noise when I open, as well as, feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's thin enough to hold with one hand. Also, the doe foot applicator is the same as the full-size. It's unique, in the sense, the size is small and the tip are slanted on both sides. The slanted tip makes it easy to outline the lips, as well as, fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is liquidity. It feels like liquid lipstick on the lips and goes on easily. It does not tug on the lips whatsoever. With that said, it dries quickly. I would say within several minutes. Once it dries, it leaves a nice texture. With most liquid lipsticks, you need to exfoliate before applying. It will show all the imperfections especially the dry patches. Thankfully, this one doesn't completely adhere to the lips that the thick lines show. It adheres to the point only the fine lines show. That's a huge plus in my book because I don't like my thick lines. I have one big thick line in the center of my bottom lips. When that line doesn't show, it's a good thing. If you're looking for transfer-proof lip product, this isn't it. It's slightly transfer-proof but I notice most of the color rubs off from the center of the lips. Fourth, I was shocked that I like American Woman more so than Le Freak. I thought I would prefer the lighter color but in this case, it wasn't. I'm not a huge fan of light pink but the rose color was nice on my skin. With that said, Le Freak would be good for spring and summer season. American Woman will be great all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but one layer was good on my skin. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For that reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. It's light-weight and extremely comfortable. It's also not drying. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I like this product. I'm a fan of this line.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NARS products reviewed/swatch:
Contour Blush
Paloma
Dual-Intensity Blush
Jubilation
Lip Cover
Matte Multiple
Nail Polish
Disco Inferno
Powermatte Lip Pigment
Get It On
Stain Lip Pencil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...